Vice President, Engineering – Point of Sale Platform
Menlo Park, California, United States
UpLift’s mission is to make travel more accessible, affordable and rewarding for everyone. To accomplish that mission, we are assembling a passionate group of travel, financial and technology experts.
UpLift meets our customer at Point of Sale, where we provide an experience deeply integrated into our partner commerce engines and marketing pipelines. The Point of Sale Platform Engineering team is responsible for building very high scale web services which enable the core transactional pipeline for UpLift. The Point of Sales Platform integrates consumers, merchants, credit, banking and payments to deliver an elegant, integrated experience to the market.
As the Vice President and leader of the Point of Sale Platform Engineering team at UpLift, you will be responsible for establishing the strategic direction for the platform, building the engineering team and working with upstream and downstream stakeholders to develop the requirements and implementation of a world class architecture. Building on the efforts of the existing Point of Sale Platform, you will be responsible for increasing capabilities, scale and reliability.
- Set the strategic direction for the point of sale architecture at UpLift
- Develop full stack based Point of Sales processing pipelines and services
- Architect, build and launch new Point of Sales products, capabilities and offers
- Design and develop new systems and tools to enable users to consume and understand data faster
- Ability to engage hands-on with a deeply technical engineering leadership and technology team
- Proficient with AWS infrastructure and services
- Have led large systems w/ functional programming paradigm (eg. Clojure, Scheme, Python, Haskell or equivalent)
- Financial systems and operational domain knowledge in banking technologies, money movement, processing transactions and lending related services
- Ability to work effectively with senior technical leaders across engineering
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and develop an awesome engineering team
- Well developed point of view on world class software development processes
- Strong communication skills to all stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership of important initiatives and projects
- Competitive salary and equity
- Great health benefits, including dental
- Downtown Menlo Park location, convenient to MP train station