Director of Finance & Accounting
Love the passion and promise of start-up? Want to help millions of people turn their travel dreams into reality? Want to join a team of talented travel technologists, digital marketers and fintech experts?
UpLift operates at the intersection of travel, technology and alternative lending. Founded by luminaries from the travel industry, UpLift is a well-financed Series A startup that provides point-of-sale financing for consumer travel. The consumer travel segment is a $1 Trillion global market that is underfinanced relative to other key consumer verticals. UpLift is generating revenue and rapidly scaling, and yet is still early enough for the right candidate to make their mark in a fundamental way on the company.
The Director of Finance and Accounting is a self-motivated, adaptive, quick learner who can lead and prioritize an evolving workload in an exciting environment with minimal direct supervision. This person will be the first finance leader and expected to build and lead a team as the company grows. This person will work closely with key leaders in the business and lending operations across both corporate FP&A and lending finance domains.
- You will establish core financial standards and policies in areas including revenue recognition, loss reserves, debt facility management and other critical areas for the business.
- You will engage with financial operations on analytic and strategic projects managing service provider and transaction flows, including payments, credit and banking.
- You will be responsible for day to day FP&A, lending finance.
- You will be responsible for working with outside auditors and financial counterparties on quarterly and annual reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- 8+ years of experience in accounting, including Big 4 accounting firm experience
- Banking and/or financial services industry experience preferred
- You have an advanced knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations
- Shown process for performing complex technical research and analysis from the problem definition stage through facilitating the integration of any new processes
- You have strong written and verbal social skills (a writing sample may be requested)
- Experience in using SQL, SAS, R or Python to conduct analysis on large data set
- Smart, motivated and entrepreneurial.
- Experience in financial operations at a major financial institution.
- Fintech startup experience a plus, but not required.
- Located in SF Bay Area.
UpLift brings digital marketing, travel and fintech expertise to major travel brands such as JetBlue, Southwest Vacations and United Vacations. With the UpLift Platform, travel providers can drive substantial improvements in their economics by increasing top line revenue and decreasing transaction costs. The UpLift Platform is built to scale and is easy to implement. Investors include IDG Ventures, PAR Capital and Thayer Ventures.