Menlo Park, California, United States
Love the passion and promise of start-up? Want to help millions of people turn their travel dreams into a reality? Want to join a team of talented travel technologists, digital marketers and fintech experts? If so, then you found your opportunity!
UpLift operates at the intersection of travel, technology and alternative lending. Founded by luminaries from the travel industry, UpLift is a well financed startup that provides point-of-sale financing for consumer travel. The consumer travel segment is a $1 Trillion global market that is under-financed relative to other key consumer verticals. UpLift is generating revenue and rapidly scaling, and yet is still small enough for the right candidate to make their mark in a fundamental way on the company.
UpLift is looking for a Brand Director to refine our brand across all of our stakeholders including our travel consumers, travel suppliers and investors.
Working with the executive leadership team, you’ll be the lead player in developing and managing the brand strategy. You will develop a marketing plan and creative strategy including social, public relations and overall brand definition. You will be working with our travel partners (airlines, online travel agencies and many more) to develop co-branded consumer strategies – both digital and print.
- Strategic ownership and planning of annual marketing calendar
- Define overall UpLift brand including brand guidelines, creative, look and feel, tone, overall narrative and, of course, SWAG
- Develop all consumer-facing copy and work with product and customer success teams to implement with our partners
- Develop co-branded marketing collateral (digital and print) for travel partners use to promote UpLift to their direct customers
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to coordinate multiple priority projects against measurable business goals and timelines
- Manage external PR firm and conference attendance strategy
- Develop social strategy and implement with external third party partner
- Budget ownership and efficient spend planning against business goals
- Maintain clear understanding of current infrastructure and capabilities of the UpLift platform and business in order to develop an effective project roadmap
- Entrepreneurial, gritty, decision-maker
- 10+ years experience in high pace e-commerce or start-up companies
- Experience leading brand and creative teams
- Strong handle on ecommerce brand marketing
- Proven at leading internal cross-functional projects with success metrics
- Proven success in nurturing and strengthening brand awareness in a measurable way
- Travel industry experience highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Full-time salary + equity
- Health and dental insurance
- Easy commute across from Menlo Park Caltrain station
- Free lunches