Software Engineer, API
Want to help millions of people turn their travel dreams into reality?
Want to join a team of talented travel technologists, digital marketers and fintech experts?
Want to design simple, robust APIs that scale to millions of requests per second?
At UpLift, you’ll:
- architect and implement RESTful API endpoints that are comprehensive and intuitive
- design and implement expressive, easy-to-use, client-side API interfaces that run in the browser
- design the sandbox environment for other developers to learn and test the APIs
- develop coding examples and documentation on how to use the APIs
- build and configure the infrastructure to deploy and monitor client and server APIs in AWS
- have full-stack experience building web applications and APIs, both client and server
- have built and scaled web applications on AWS infrastructure
- can demonstrate expertise in designing and developing APIs
- are very comfortable with AWS services
- Proficient in functional programming (e.g., Clojure, Scheme, Scala, Haskell, or equivalent)
- are reasonably good at ping pong (jk)
- are located in the SF Bay Area.
- Play a critical role in building UpLift’s core platform and the ultimate success of the company
- Work with a small and strong technical team
- Own major feature areas of the codebase
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Covered
- Equity and 401k offered
- Commute reimbursement
- Free meals, every day
- Flexible remote work policy
- New MBP or other laptop
UpLift operates at the intersection of travel, technology and alternative lending. Founded by luminaries from the travel industry, UpLift is a well-financed Series A startup that provides point-of-sale financing for consumer travel. The consumer travel segment is a $1 Trillion global market that is underfinanced relative to other key consumer verticals. UpLift is generating revenue and rapidly scaling, and yet is still early enough for the right candidate to make their mark on the company in a fundamental way.
UpLift brings digital marketing, travel and fintech expertise to major travel brands such as JetBlue, Southwest Vacations and United Vacations. With the UpLift Platform, travel providers can drive substantial improvements in their economics by increasing top line revenue and decreasing transaction costs. The UpLift Platform is built to scale and is easy to implement. Investors include IDG Ventures, PAR Capital and Thayer Ventures.