Software Engineer, Platform
The platform team is responsible for developing the core functionality that integrates all of our products and services. The platform enables features for our customers and business partners, supplies data to the analytics team, and automates business processes and operations. The engineer for this role will take a lead position within the team and be responsible for designing technical solutions and hands-on implementation.
- Develop the UpLift platform infrastructure to enable new features for customers
- Deploy core platform libraries and services that automate operations
- Create third party developer APIs and toolkits to enable our service for our partners
- Integrate third party services with the UpLift platform
- Foremost, you must consider yourself an expert at building web services using Java and have expanded your skills to developing with Clojure
- Experience with a broad and evolving set of AWS technologies and services
- Experience with or able to quickly learn innovative, powerful web application frameworks: prismatic, ring, swagger, component, as an example
Though none of these qualifications are an absolute requirement, UpLift looks for individuals who have demonstrated a history of predictably delivering impressive results. Having at least a Bachelor’s degree in Science, Mathematics or Engineering is usually a strong indicator of good candidate matches to the role.
Ideal Candidate Characteristics
- You are passionate about creating new software products to solve new problems.
- You have the confidence to propose and debate your innovative ideas to arrive at the best possible solutions.
- You thrive on the intensity, the energy, the productivity and the success that comes from working in a team of talented peers aligned with common goals.
UpLift brings digital marketing, travel and fintech expertise to major travel brands such as The Mark Travel Corporation – operator of leading vacation brands such as Southwest Vacations, United Vacations and Funjet Vacations – and Golden Nugget. With the UpLift Platform, travel providers can drive substantial improvements in their economics by increasing top line revenue and decreasing transaction costs. The UpLift Platform is built to scale and is easy to implement. Investors include IDG Ventures, PAR Capital and Thayer Ventures.