Lead Visual/UI Designer
Menlo Park, California, United States
UpLift, at the intersection of FinTech and Travel, is rapidly scaling up and lead by a team of proven entrepreneurs who are deeply rooted in both industries. The leadership team is made up of founders of Sidestep (which now powers Kayak) and senior executives from Investment Banking, Payments, FinTech, and large Technology companies.
UpLift is looking for an experienced Visual Designer to join our innovative team. As a Visual Designer, you will serve as an expert when it comes best practices for visual design, typography, iconography, graphic design, animation and layout. You will use your skill set to produce elegantly simple and engaging designs that meets measurable business goals and requirements. The ideal candidate will have proven track record of extraordinary visual design, while also being detail oriented, perfectionist and able to deliver results on a day-to-day basis.
- Create world class simple and engaging visual designs in support of business objectives
- Design across multiple platforms and applications for any type of device or screen
- Collaborate with product management, UX designers and engineering teams to define and implement beautiful visual designs
- Create style guides and design pattern libraries to reduce and minimize production efforts while maintaining and challenging beauty bar
- Justify visual design decisions with solid rationale, principles and supporting data and diplomacy
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent professional experience required
- 5+ years of experience as a Visual Designer
- 5+ years of experience in variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch
- Deep knowledge of principles of typography, iconography, graphic design, animation, layout, information architecture, and usability
- Experience designing and prototyping for web and mobile
- Experience in fast paced, iterative process and be able to accept feedback from different teams such as UX, product, engineering and executive teams.
- A keen awareness of latest and effective visual trends and principles in mobile and web design
- Stylistic breadth, attention to detail, obsession with quality
- Demonstrate effective communication skills to articulate your design decisions.
In addition to your resume, it is required to submit a portfolio and/or website link. Only applicants with both a resume and portfolio or website link will be considered.
- Health and dental insurance
- Great location steps from Menlo Park train station