Head of Real Time Data Analytics Platform
Menlo Park, California, United States
UpLift operates at the intersection of travel, technology and alternative lending. Founded by luminaries from the travel industry, UpLift is a well-financed startup that provides point-of-sale financing for consumer travel. The consumer travel segment is a $1 Trillion global market that is under-financed relative to other key consumer verticals. UpLift is generating revenue and rapidly scaling, and yet is still small enough for the right candidate to make their mark in a fundamental way on the company.
UpLift is looking for an outstanding individual who combines superb technical, communication, and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively to join as Head of Real Time Data Analytics Platform. This Senior Data Engineer must be comfortable working with a team of data engineers / scientists and product managers to raise the bar of the data analytics UpLift builds and maintains for our customers.
You’ll automate our way to faster decision-making and create analytic products. We track every customer action and each byte of data transferred, so you’ll work to enable analytic data platform at incredible scale and collaborate with best-in-class data engineers and analytic experts.
The ideal candidate for our team is a thinker and a doer: someone who embraces the startup culture, you will drive real time / offline data analytics solution, but at the same time enjoys implementing real systems, and is motivated by the prospect of spectacular business returns that customers need. You will own design, build, maintain and operate the data analytic platform. You will grow into a manager role and will help scale and build the team.
- Desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Implemented a platform that can help use cases like anomaly detection to surface metric shifts across multi-dimensional, highly cardinal time series data
- Built a data discovery platform and made data accessible for various teams at UpLift.
- Worked with and contributed to internal tools for visualization and interaction with large datasets (sub-second response on billions of records)
- Comfort self-managing on projects that are often cross-functional and ambiguous
You have experience with and a high level of fluency with the following:
- Data manipulation (SQL, Python)
- Data processing at scale (Scala, Hive or Java)
- Large-scale storage and retrieval (Hadoop, ElasticSearch or Druid)
- Visualization techniques and tools
- Applied statistics
- Machine Learning
Character and Qualities that will help you succeed
- You have a growth mindset
- You’re passionate about deeper learning
- You’re a self starter & team player
- You do the right things and you do it the right way
- You have good interpersonal and communication skills
- You are comfortable working in the most agile of environments. Requirements might change and sometimes they may be vague. Iterations will be rapid. You will need to be nimble and take smart risk
- Full-time salary and equity
- Health and dental insurance
- Easy commute steps from Menlo Park Caltrain station
- Free lunch daily