Head of Talent Acquisition
Menlo Park, California, United States
You are a talent management star who wants to shape and build the talent function at one of Silicon Valley’s fastest growing startup.
As Head of Talent you are responsible for defining and leading UpLift’s talent strategy. You will identify talent gaps, implement sourcing strategies and processes, and ensure we have robust programs to scale our team to deliver against our growth plans. Initially, recruiting for technical roles will your main priority. We are a data-driven organization, so the ability to design strategies and demonstrate the impact of recruiting programs is critical. You will partner closely with functional leaders across the company.
UpLift is a rapidly scaling (Series B) startup at the intersection of FinTech and Travel. Our mission is to make travel more accessible, affordable, and rewarding. We are led by a team of proven entrepreneurs who are deeply rooted in both industries. Our leadership team includes the founders of Sidestep (which now powers Kayak), and senior execs from Investment Banking, Payments, FinTech, and large Tech.
- Build a rockstar talent acquisition team as we scale the company
- Develop recruiting strategies that ensure an ongoing pipeline of top talent to fill positions at all levels in the organization including technical, strategic and executive positions
- Provide expert guidance to all senior leaders and hiring leaders to recruit, identify, select, negotiate, close, and retain highly skilled candidates
- Design, implement and maintain appropriate processes, tools, scorecards, systems and trainings necessary to scale and support the recruiting function
- Build talent communities and talent pipelines for critical skill areas and diversity sourcing efforts, that yield into hiring outcomes for the business
- Manage efficient, fast-paced full-cycle recruiting operations that support UpLift’s rapid growth plans
- Establish UpLift’s talent “brand”
- 8-10 years of Talent Management experience, either in-house or in a consulting organization
- Strong business acumen particularly in the tech industry, familiarity with the competitive talent environment and the agility needed to stay on top in that environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with exceptional writing and editing skills
- Experience working in a high tech, dynamic, hyper growth environment
- Proven experience recruiting technical and business roles across all seniority levels
- Proven experience working with, manipulating, and influencing with data. You know how to use data/metrics to identify trends and actively address them
UpLift is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. As the Head of Talent, you will start, drive, and expand diversity and inclusion programs at UpLift.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health and dental insurance
- Easy commute by Menlo Park train station