Financial Project Manager
Love the passion and promise of start-up? Want to help millions of people turn their travel dreams into reality? Want to join a team of talented travel technologists, digital marketers and fintech experts?
UpLift operates at the intersection of travel, technology and alternative lending. Founded by luminaries from the travel industry, UpLift is a well-financed Series A startup that provides point-of-sale financing for consumer travel. The consumer travel segment is a $1 Trillion global market that is underfinanced relative to other key consumer verticals. UpLift is generating revenue and rapidly scaling, and yet is still early enough for the right candidate to make their mark in a fundamental way on the company.
The Financial Project Manager is a proactive, adaptive, quick learner who can lead and prioritize an evolving, complex workload in an exciting environment with minimal direct supervision. This person will be the first operations manager and will be expected to lead various operational process and projects as the company grows. This person will work closely with key leaders in the business, engineering, business development and lending operations across the organization.
- Develop projects from analyzing operational needs and manage them throughout the project lifecycle from process design to implementation, working cross functionally with product, business development, engineering, and sales
- Analyze and understand large data sets, providing recommendations to fix and help improve process flows.
- Design and launch operational dashboards, giving management a clear picture how the processes are performing.
- Help manage projects to onboard new investment entities and ensure that operations for existing investment entities are running smoothly
- BA/BS degree in Operations Management, Project Management, Engineering or Business
- 5+ years of experience managing operations
- Banking and/or financial services industry experience preferred
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have grit and flexibility with a strong desire to get in the weeds to solve problems
- Experience in SQL, SAS, R or Python preferred
- Smart, motivated and entrepreneurial.
- Experience in operations at a major financial institution.
- Fintech startup experience a plus, but not required.
- Located in SF Bay Area or willing to relocate.