Director of Lending Operations
Love the passion and promise of start-up? Want to help millions of people turn their travel dreams into reality? Want to join a team of talented travel technologists, digital marketers and fintech experts?
UpLift operates at the intersection of travel, technology and alternative lending. Founded by luminaries from the travel industry, UpLift is a well-financed Series A startup that provides point-of-sale financing for consumer travel. The consumer travel segment is a $1 Trillion global market that is underfinanced relative to other key consumer verticals. UpLift is generating revenue and rapidly scaling, and yet is still early enough for the right candidate to make their mark in a fundamental way on the company.
The Director of Lending Operations is responsible for daily operational support of UpLift’s origination and funding processes, including working across the partner origination interfaces, underwriting engines, funding processes, transactional partners and loan servicing. The Director of Lending Operations is expected to both provide day to day execution of high volume loan origination processes as well as work to drive the strategy for automation of those processes. The Director of Lending Operations will work Policy & Compliance to ensure execution of all lending operations consistent with UpLift practices and policies. In addition to functional excellence in Lending Operations, the desired candidate will be able to work across UpLift to drive initiatives and provide leadership for the company as a whole.
- Ensure efficient operation of the UpLift lending operations pipeline.
- Work with critical counterparties to identify and resolve integration and transactional issues.
- Work with Underwriting to ensure effective execution and reporting on the underwriting standards and performance.
- Lead engagement with originating bank to ensure efficient operations.
- Ensure loan documentation and materials are efficiently managed and distributed.
- Work with Capital Markets to provide operational support for investors.
- Work with Finance, Product and other internal teams on P&L and product design issues.
- Preparation and monitoring of operational metrics.
- Responsible for analyzing data, recognizing trends, and driving resulting conclusions.
- Smart, motivated and entrepreneurial.
- Experience in financial operations at a major financial institution.
- Fintech startup experience a plus, but not required.
- Located in SF Bay Area.
UpLift brings digital marketing, travel and fintech expertise to major travel brands such as JetBlue, Southwest Vacations and United Vacations. With the UpLift Platform, travel providers can drive substantial improvements in their economics by increasing top line revenue and decreasing transaction costs. The UpLift Platform is built to scale and is easy to implement. Investors include IDG Ventures, PAR Capital and Thayer Ventures.