Data Scientist, Analytics
The analytics team is responsible for developing UpLift’s data analysis infrastructure. This infrastructure
- operates in real-time to provide critical information as it is available
- provides insights so that UpLift can provide tangible value to our customers
- enables reporting product performance to our partners
- increases transparency to improve operational efficiency
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining and data visualization to understand how our users interact with our product
- Generate insights for product and operations teams by analyzing A/B test and experiment test data
- Use machine learning to improve our recommendation engine and optimize our marketing features
- A strong understanding of statistics and experience using statistical software
- Experience with a broad and evolving set of AWS technologies and services
- Strong working knowledge of data mining and machine learning techniques
- Experience working with large data sets and distributed computing
- Experience in monetization and retention analytics in ecommerce, social media or consumer products is a plus
Though none of these qualifications are an absolute requirement, UpLift looks for individuals who have demonstrated a history of predictably delivering impressive results. Having at least a Bachelor’s degree in Science, Mathematics or Engineering is usually a strong indicator of good candidate matches to the role.
Ideal Candidate Characteristics
- You are passionate about creating innovative software and seeing it perform at scale.
- You have the talent and confidence to collaboratively drive your ideas and develop the best possible solutions.
- You thrive on the energy, intensity, productivity and success that come from working in a team of talented peers aligned with a common mission.
UpLift brings digital marketing, travel and fintech expertise to major travel brands such as The Mark Travel Corporation – operator of leading vacation brands such as Southwest Vacations, United Vacations and Funjet Vacations – and Golden Nugget. With the UpLift Platform, travel providers can drive substantial improvements in their economics by increasing top line revenue and decreasing transaction costs. The UpLift Platform is built to scale and is easy to implement. Investors include IDG Ventures, PAR Capital and Thayer Ventures.