Uplift operates at the intersection of travel, technology and digital lending. Founded by luminaries from the travel industry, Uplift is a well-financed Series B startup that provides point-of-sale financing for consumer travel. The consumer travel segment is a $1 Trillion global market that is under-financed relative to other key consumer verticals.
Uplift is looking for a Technical Recruiter to grow our development teams. This position is based in Menlo Park and reports to the Head of Talent. The Technical Recruiter will be responsible for full-cycle technical recruiting and help expand upon the foundation, systems, and processes of Talent Acquisition.
- Manage and facilitate full cycle recruiting for all technical roles, predominately Engineering roles.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to deeply understand hiring needs. Partner with hiring managers to execute and build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches with an ability to manage customer/partner expectations.
- Source qualified candidates, review resumes, and pre-screen candidates while moving interview process forward in a timely manner.
- Organize and facilitate interview debriefs.
- Drive offer approval, extension and negotiation.
- Identify closing strategies for offers and proactively provide candidates with the right information to help make their decision as easy as possible.
- Partner effectively with the on boarding team to create a smooth transition from accepting an offer to the first day on the job.
- Manage multiple requisitions and hiring managers.
- Work with the Recruiting team to provide positive and exceptional interview experiences for all parties.
- Work in conjunction with Head of Talent and marketing to develop and share our talent brand.
- Take time to get creative with more experimental sourcing and engagement ideas, including event management and University Recruiting Programs.
- Remote is okay, but must be able to spend some time in Menlo Park, CA office
- Previous experience as technical/engineering recruiter at a high growth startup.
- Strong communication skills - able to effectively express yourself in writing and verbally.
- Self-motivated and focused on properly prioritizing your workload - you can shift tasks and priorities when circumstances change (at a fast-growing startup, they often do).
- Proven track record delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience using Lever ATS is a plus.
- Experience recruiting and growing technical teams at growth stage startups - you prefer a fast-paced environment.
- Experience strategically sourcing candidates with diverse backgrounds and using many different recruiting resources/platforms.
- Attention to detail and constantly striving to measure and track all aspects of the recruiting process.
- Outstanding service-orientation and proven ability to deliver excellent candidate experiences.
- Free daily catered lunches
- Easy Commutes – Menlo Park, across from the Caltrain station. SF, two blocks from BART
Uplift is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.