Uplift was founded by a passionate team of travel industry veterans to provide a better way to shop, book, pay and experience travel. Our mission is to make travel more accessible, affordable and rewarding for everyone. By offering simple, flexible payments, Uplift benefits consumers who are able to book now and pay over time. Uplift is a well financed Series C startup serving the $1.4 Trillion consumer travel segment.
We are looking for an Accounts Payable and Payroll Accountant that will be a key member of the accounting team. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing payroll, working with vendors to schedule payments, and working with employees on reimbursements. Successful candidates will have a combination of payroll and customer service experience.
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll
- Respond to company payroll inquiries and handles payroll related filings
- Pay vendors by scheduling payments via Bill.com portal and ensuring adequate approvals are received
- Respond to vendor inquiries regarding payment statuses and processes
- Reimburse employees by validating expense reports and preparing pay checks
- Ensures payments are recorded properly into company general ledger
- Interfaces with auditors to provide detail support for transactions
- 2+ years of experience processing payroll
- Experience in Bills.com and Netsuite preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a startup culture with the ability to earn trust
- Company will provide either a MacBook or Windows laptop
- 10 company paid holidays and unlimited PTO
- Medical and dental insurance, vision reimbursement program
- Pre-IPO stock options
- 401K Plan
- Gym Reimbursement
- Professional development allowance
- Commuter benefits program
Uplift is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Note: Uplift does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Uplift is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.