Uplift operates at the intersection of travel, technology and digital lending. Founded by luminaries from the travel industry, Uplift is a well-financed Series B startup that provides point-of-sale financing for consumer travel. The consumer travel segment is a $1 Trillion global market that is under-financed relative to other key consumer verticals.
The Uplift Credit Project Manager will project manage the Credit Team including the roll-out of new credit and fraud policies. The role reports to Uplift's Head of Credit and interfaces with Uplift’s engineering, data science, product, and partner success teams. You will be responsible in part for the company’s loan portfolio and underwriting efforts.
- Create, coordinate, and implement project plans which enable the credit team to effectively meet project objectives and deliverables
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload within the credit team to ensure that project timelines are met
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional teams and management on a timely basis on status, issues, risks, project goals, objectives, and any other relevant information
- Proactively remove obstacles to ensure project team momentum and progress
- Motivate colleagues to action, communicating requirements and creating accountability to deadlines
- Facilitate an environment of teamwork and continuous learning and improvement so that each project is smoother than the last
- 2+ years of Project Management experience, preferably at a fintech company, start-up or financial institution
- Exceptional project management skills with proven track record of managing multiple concurrent projects with limited resources, budgets and/or time in a technical environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong presentation and visual development skills
- Attention to detail and organized
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Python, SQL, or Tableau is a plus
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Passionate about finance, FinTech, lending, and travel
- Position is based in New York, with some travel to San Francisco.
- Generous laptop budget, choose your own!
- Medical and dental insurance
- Pre-IPO stock options
- 401(K) plan
- Gym reimbursement
- Professional development allowance
Uplift is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.