Uplift operates at the intersection of travel, technology and digital lending. Founded by luminaries from the travel industry, Uplift is a well-financed Series B startup that provides point-of-sale financing for consumer travel. The consumer travel segment is a $1 Trillion global market that is under-financed relative to other key consumer verticals.
We are looking for an ambitious and driven individual to grow with us as Head of Lending Compliance. We operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team "comes to win"-- our work atmosphere is highly-entrepreneurial, familial and fun.
- Build out Uplift’s compliance management program, in accordance with the expectations of regulators, bank partners, investors, and business partners
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations as well as internal policies and procedures in operations, product, lending and credit policy
- Manage internal and external audits and exams, as necessary
- Manage vendor relationships to effectively address business requirements, ensuring that files and vendor management tools and systems are kept current and updated
- Keep abreast of industry best practices to ensure that consumer loan products are appropriately designed
- Work in conjunction with the Collections Department to conduct reviews of loan portfolio performance and recommends action to drive improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Law or similar discipline; JD preferable
- Minimum 8-10 years consumer compliance experience required
- Must have experience analyzing and interpreting state and federal laws and regulations affecting the consumer lending industry (TILA, UDPTA, FCRA, ECOA, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing a compliance team and directing corporate lending compliance strategy
- Strong drive to solve problems and get to the bottom of things
- Entrepreneurial, persistent, with the desire to go deep in details
- Comfortable working in a startup culture with the ability to earn trust
- Fintech startup experience a plus
- Position can be based from Menlo Park or SF
- Generous laptop budget, choose your own!
- Free daily catered lunches
- Medical and dental insurance
- Pre-IPO stock options
- 401(K) plan
- Gym reimbursement
- Professional development allowance
- Easy commutes – Menlo Park, across from the Caltrain station. SF, two blocks from BART
Uplift is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.