Uplift operates at the intersection of travel, technology and digital lending. Founded by luminaries from the travel industry, Uplift is a well-financed Series B startup that provides point-of-sale financing for consumer travel. The consumer travel segment is a $1 Trillion global market that is under-financed relative to other key consumer verticals.
Uplift is seeking a highly motivated and versatile Streaming Data Platform Engineer to build scalable data products to help understand user behavior from how users interact with Uplift across different travel providers. Uplift maintains a relentless focus on data insights and empirical analysis and experimentation to continually improve our product. As part of the data engineering team, you will drive data ingestion from multiple data streams and directly work with the data management team and product team to have a direct impact on how product decisions are made.
- Build and lead the team to build the core data pipeline platform
- Build highly scalable and optimized data products/manage data sets via stream processing
- Build tools and frameworks that ensure highest quality of data, build data ingestion pipeline to store data, and make data discovery and data access easy for everyone at UpLift
- Own the data products, critical for product innovation and recommendation engines; define and drive the adoption of data logging standards
- Partner with various Engineering teams, UI teams, Product Managers and Analysts to understand the business context
- 10+ years of work or related experiences
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, CS, or equivalent, Master's degree a plus
- Lead a team to develop and maintain real-time data pipeline platform
- 5+ Years of data pipeline experience with Kafka, Kinesis, Spark, Flink, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Demonstrated strength in streaming, data quality, schema evolution, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Experience in maintaining data warehouse systems and working on large scale data transformation using Hadoop, Hive, or other Big Data technologies
- Significant coding experience in one or more programming languages, libraries, tools, serverless applications and workflows (Scala, Java, Python, etc.)
- Designed, built and maintained data pipelines in multi-cloud infrastructure (AWS or GCP)
- Developed internal process improvements such as automating manual processes, alerting systems, tooling, devops
- Strong drive to solve problems and get to the bottom of things
- Entrepreneurial, persistent, with the desire to go deep in details
- Comfortable working in a startup culture with the ability to earn trust
- Position can be based from Menlo Park or SF
- Generous laptop budget, choose your own!
- Free daily catered lunches
- Medical and dental insurance
- Pre-IPO stock options
- 401(K) plan
- Gym reimbursement
- Professional development allowance
- Easy commutes – Menlo Park, across from the Caltrain station. SF, two blocks from BART
Uplift is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.