Uplift was founded by a passionate team of travel industry veterans to provide a better way to shop, book, pay and experience travel. Our mission is to make travel more accessible, affordable and rewarding for everyone. By offering simple, flexible payments, Uplift benefits consumers who are able to book now and pay over time. Uplift is a well financed Series C startup serving the $1.4 Trillion consumer travel segment.
We are looking for a Collections Specialist who will be the main point of contact with clients and collect outstanding payments. As the Collections Specialist, you will have a balance between maintaining trustful relationships and ensuring timely payments.
- Work with customers to satisfy any deficient balances
- Review, monitor, and engage with a high volume of customers per day
- Review delinquent accounts daily, and maintains losses at or below established guidelines
- Accurately documents all account activities and pertinent information
- Efficiently assess and recommend action to borrowers concerning loan issues
- Make recommendations to management for loans needing additional attention
- Analyze and investigate utilizing outsourcing agencies
- Auto Dialer experience preferred
- 3+ years experience in financial services desired; consumer delinquency and collections, credit underwriting, or customer service experience preferred
- College degree desired. High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum 1 year of experience with handling of payment processing
- Servicing experience and customer service escalation experience required
- Strong ability to negotiate loan repayment plans
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Firm understanding of personal finance and credit best practices
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and exhibit grace under pressure
- Desire to improve borrowers’ financial situation but ability to make tough decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Google Drive
- Ability to take on projects as needed
Uplift is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Note: Uplift does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Uplift is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.